Ke Huy Quan has existed in my imagination for as long as I can remember. As a young boy, I watched him in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and experienced what it would be like to go on an adventure with Indy. Fast-forward 38 years, and given the privilege of working alongside him on Season 2 of Loki, I experienced what it would be like to go on an adventure with Ke.
A lot has happened in those 38 years. After working with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, he inspired a generation in The Goonies. He wondered what might come next, he waited, and, sadly, he withdrew from acting, because of a lack of opportunities for Asian actors. And then: he made a triumphant return with his soul-stirring, multiverse-jumping, Oscar-winning performance as Waymond in Everything Everywhere All at Once.
Waymond’s extraordinary sweetness, his kindness, and his patience all belong to Ke. His positivity—his fight to keep the dream alive—is the most profound kind of spiritual strength. These qualities are his unique gifts. At last, the world has recognized them.
Hiddleston is an actor
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time