The final scene of the Season 1 finale of Succession is a candidate for the best 10 minutes of television ever made. And while many people with extraordinary talent on both sides of the camera made this scene what it is, at the center is Jeremy Strong.
After two seasons of breathtaking work on the HBO masterpiece from Jesse Armstrong and Adam McKay, Jeremy came back for the third season and dug even deeper into the soul, heart, and mind of Kendall Roy with a nuance and dexterity we only see from our greatest actors. Just when I think I’ve taken the full measure of what Jeremy can do, time after time he does something to make me think I’ve underestimated him.
I have a feeling we ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
Sorkin is an Oscar- and Emmy-winning screenwriter
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time