The final scene of the Season 1 finale of Succession is a candidate for the best 10 minutes of television ever made. And while many people with extraordinary talent on both sides of the camera made this scene what it is, at the center is Jeremy Strong.
After two seasons of breathtaking work on the HBO masterpiece from Jesse Armstrong and Adam McKay, Jeremy came back for the third season and dug even deeper into the soul, heart, and mind of Kendall Roy with a nuance and dexterity we only see from our greatest actors. Just when I think I’ve taken the full measure of what Jeremy can do, time after time he does something to make me think I’ve underestimated him.
I have a feeling we ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
Sorkin is an Oscar- and Emmy-winning screenwriter
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction