David Zaslav. The titan next door. The dealmaker. The CEO’s CEO. His name alone can send chills down one’s spine, but when Fixer Upper (the show that introduced us to the world) ended and we met David for the first time in Waco, Texas, he was warm and kind and quickly became our friend. There’s something about the feeling David imparts when he believes in you, that has the ability to change circumstances. To change the outcome. To change you and the world for the better. And now, as he takes on the role of CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, that opportunity becomes even greater.
What we love most about David is how he loves his wife Pam and their beautiful family. He loves his work and the people he does that work with. David is a trailblazer but still grounded in what matters most. He’s a visionary who boldly predicts what’s ahead, but is the first to get behind other people’s dreams.
David could not be more deserving of this honor. He has spent decades celebrating others—now it’s our turn to celebrate him. Congratulations to our mentor, our partner, and, most importantly, our friend David freaking Zaslav!
The Gaineses are the co-founders of Magnolia
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time