David Zaslav. The titan next door. The dealmaker. The CEO’s CEO. His name alone can send chills down one’s spine, but when Fixer Upper (the show that introduced us to the world) ended and we met David for the first time in Waco, Texas, he was warm and kind and quickly became our friend. There’s something about the feeling David imparts when he believes in you, that has the ability to change circumstances. To change the outcome. To change you and the world for the better. And now, as he takes on the role of CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, that opportunity becomes even greater.
What we love most about David is how he loves his wife Pam and their beautiful family. He loves his work and the people he does that work with. David is a trailblazer but still grounded in what matters most. He’s a visionary who boldly predicts what’s ahead, but is the first to get behind other people’s dreams.
David could not be more deserving of this honor. He has spent decades celebrating others—now it’s our turn to celebrate him. Congratulations to our mentor, our partner, and, most importantly, our friend David freaking Zaslav!
The Gaineses are the co-founders of Magnolia
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement