From the ashes of World War II, the global community came together with the goal of preventing another global war. A set of international rules and norms was established to benefit all nations and maintain the peace. For 77 years, there has not been a comparable global conflict.
But Russia’s unprovoked, immoral, and unethical invasion of Ukraine has put those rules under intense stress. In the midst of this chaos, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valeriy Zaluzhnyy has emerged as the military mind his country needed. His leadership enabled the Ukrainian armed forces to adapt quickly with battlefield initiative against the Russians.
The potential of a war between great powers is growing, and the Ukrainians defending their homeland against significant Russian aggression is incredible. General Zaluzhnyy is the man behind that effort, bearing the immense burden of leading in combat. His work will be remembered by history.
Milley is the U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World