From the ashes of World War II, the global community came together with the goal of preventing another global war. A set of international rules and norms was established to benefit all nations and maintain the peace. For 77 years, there has not been a comparable global conflict.
But Russia’s unprovoked, immoral, and unethical invasion of Ukraine has put those rules under intense stress. In the midst of this chaos, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valeriy Zaluzhnyy has emerged as the military mind his country needed. His leadership enabled the Ukrainian armed forces to adapt quickly with battlefield initiative against the Russians.
The potential of a war between great powers is growing, and the Ukrainians defending their homeland against significant Russian aggression is incredible. General Zaluzhnyy is the man behind that effort, bearing the immense burden of leading in combat. His work will be remembered by history.
Milley is the U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time