The inordinate strength revealed by Black people in America—in their capacity to survive the harsh political journey they experience in this country—is in large part due to the fortitude of Black women. The power to exercise this resistance is in no small part due to leaders like Stacey Abrams. Not just Black women but all people have been the beneficiaries of this gift of survival in the name of truth and solidarity.
Stacey embodies the enormousness of this gift: alongside a diverse coalition of organizers and volunteers, she spent years working to transform and empower the Georgia electorate. That work resulted in record voter turnout in recent elections. Thank you, Stacey, for all that you have done.
Belafonte is an activist and a Grammy-, Emmy- and Tony-winning musical artist
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now