Sometimes the most qualified person gets the job. The White House chief of staff must be a policy wonk, legislative mastermind, political guru, management whiz and trusted presidential adviser all rolled into one. It’s hard to imagine anyone better suited for this impossible position than Ron Klain. It’s not just that he served as chief to two Vice Presidents, including Joe Biden, or that his success containing Ebola prepared him to tackle COVID-19, or that his deep ties and deft touch on Capitol Hill are helping advance an ambitious economic, equity and climate agenda. It’s that Ron has one of the coolest heads and quickest minds in politics. That’s why I was so grateful to have him by my side as a candidate for President, and why America is fortunate to have him in this critical job at this critical moment.
Clinton, a Democrat, is a former U.S. Senator and Secretary of State, and the first woman to be a presidential nominee of a major party
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow