It’s hard to think of a person less able to be summed up in 150 words than Elon Musk. He is, after all, a man who has devoted his life to breaking free of limits and constraints. And he’s taking mankind along with him.
The word entrepreneur doesn’t quite do him justice. Since co-founding and selling PayPal, the list of audacious projects launched by Musk includes Tesla, SpaceX—which this year won a $2.9 billion NASA contract to land astronauts on the moon—and the Boring Company, which is known for digging tunnels for electric vehicles.
Musk isn’t just changing how we transport ourselves, he’s augmenting human possibilities. And by doing it all with his relentlessly optimistic, space-half-full showmanship, he’s offering a model for how we can solve the big, existential challenges in front of us.
Huffington is founder and CEO of Thrive Global
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up