It’s hard to think of a person less able to be summed up in 150 words than Elon Musk. He is, after all, a man who has devoted his life to breaking free of limits and constraints. And he’s taking mankind along with him.
The word entrepreneur doesn’t quite do him justice. Since co-founding and selling PayPal, the list of audacious projects launched by Musk includes Tesla, SpaceX—which this year won a $2.9 billion NASA contract to land astronauts on the moon—and the Boring Company, which is known for digging tunnels for electric vehicles.
Musk isn’t just changing how we transport ourselves, he’s augmenting human possibilities. And by doing it all with his relentlessly optimistic, space-half-full showmanship, he’s offering a model for how we can solve the big, existential challenges in front of us.
Huffington is founder and CEO of Thrive Global
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow