JoJo Siwa is a ray of sunshine in a world that seems scary right now. As a parent, you want your kids to admire positive figures. There’s no one more positive than JoJo. You just can’t help but smile when you see her rainbow ponytail. She’s a great role model for children, and her optimism is more necessary now than ever. It’s no wonder my 7-year-old daughter North and millions of other children around the world adore her. When North met JoJo last year to fulfill her dream of being part of her YouTube channel, North got really shy. But JoJo, like a big sister, made her feel at home as they dressed up, danced and made slime.
JoJo is never ashamed to be herself, which can be really hard to do in this industry, especially when you’re so young. When Keeping Up With the Kardashians first aired, I was old enough to know who I was and make my own decisions. I can’t imagine what it’s like to live this life at age 17. JoJo embraces it, and I hope she always will. At some point, she’ll evolve and grow up a little bit, and that’s O.K. The people who love and support her will always be there. Live in the moment. Have fun. Be yourself and surround yourself with people who will keep you positive.
Kardashian West is a businesswoman and television personality
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now