Swedish furniture giant Ikea specializes in wares that can fit in tight spaces. The firm’s newest billboard aims to show off its prowess.
Ikea employed a low-tech solution to fitting multiple messages on one, small surface: red, green and blue (RGB for short). This billboard in Sweden shows three different messages depending on which bulb is lit. “Do it like this billboard,” reads one, followed by : “Make good use of your space” and “with small-space solutions from IKEA.”
Ikea has set an ambitious goal of reaching some $68 billion in sales by 2020. The world’s largest retailer reported a 3.2% revenue increase to $39 billion in fiscal 2013, bolstered by robust sales in the U.S. and expansion in China and Russia. In January, the company’s new chief executive, Peter Agnefjäll, told the Wall Street Journal Ikea would continue focusing on optimizing its stores to reach its sales goals. Innovative advertising is clearly part of his playbook.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science