Swedish furniture giant Ikea specializes in wares that can fit in tight spaces. The firm’s newest billboard aims to show off its prowess.
Ikea employed a low-tech solution to fitting multiple messages on one, small surface: red, green and blue (RGB for short). This billboard in Sweden shows three different messages depending on which bulb is lit. “Do it like this billboard,” reads one, followed by : “Make good use of your space” and “with small-space solutions from IKEA.”
Ikea has set an ambitious goal of reaching some $68 billion in sales by 2020. The world’s largest retailer reported a 3.2% revenue increase to $39 billion in fiscal 2013, bolstered by robust sales in the U.S. and expansion in China and Russia. In January, the company’s new chief executive, Peter Agnefjäll, told the Wall Street Journal Ikea would continue focusing on optimizing its stores to reach its sales goals. Innovative advertising is clearly part of his playbook.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time