Swedish furniture giant Ikea specializes in wares that can fit in tight spaces. The firm’s newest billboard aims to show off its prowess.
Ikea employed a low-tech solution to fitting multiple messages on one, small surface: red, green and blue (RGB for short). This billboard in Sweden shows three different messages depending on which bulb is lit. “Do it like this billboard,” reads one, followed by : “Make good use of your space” and “with small-space solutions from IKEA.”
Ikea has set an ambitious goal of reaching some $68 billion in sales by 2020. The world’s largest retailer reported a 3.2% revenue increase to $39 billion in fiscal 2013, bolstered by robust sales in the U.S. and expansion in China and Russia. In January, the company’s new chief executive, Peter Agnefjäll, told the Wall Street Journal Ikea would continue focusing on optimizing its stores to reach its sales goals. Innovative advertising is clearly part of his playbook.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization