Updated 12:35 p.m. EST
Who needs high-powered publicists when you’re one of the most influential woman in the world? On Wednesday morning Beyoncé employed her usual public relations strategy — subtly settling rumors on social media — when she uploaded four happy photos of her and younger sister Solange, who was recently seen allegedly punching and kicking Jay Z in leaked security footage from a hotel’s Met Gala after-party. All is well with the Knowles sisters, the photos seem to say — nothing to see here. Move along.
Except, of course, Beyoncé clearly does want you to see the photos and analyze their deeper meanings. The singer notoriously exercises tight control over her usually spotless (***flawless?) public image (hello, Beyoncé archive!), so she prefers to squash rumors without actually acknowledging that said rumors even exist in the first place. But when Beyoncé uploads not one, but four photos — after Solange did some minor Instagram purging of her own — the Beygenda couldn’t be more obvious.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out