Updated 12:35 p.m. EST
Who needs high-powered publicists when you’re one of the most influential woman in the world? On Wednesday morning Beyoncé employed her usual public relations strategy — subtly settling rumors on social media — when she uploaded four happy photos of her and younger sister Solange, who was recently seen allegedly punching and kicking Jay Z in leaked security footage from a hotel’s Met Gala after-party. All is well with the Knowles sisters, the photos seem to say — nothing to see here. Move along.
Except, of course, Beyoncé clearly does want you to see the photos and analyze their deeper meanings. The singer notoriously exercises tight control over her usually spotless (***flawless?) public image (hello, Beyoncé archive!), so she prefers to squash rumors without actually acknowledging that said rumors even exist in the first place. But when Beyoncé uploads not one, but four photos — after Solange did some minor Instagram purging of her own — the Beygenda couldn’t be more obvious.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart