Updated 12:35 p.m. EST
Who needs high-powered publicists when you’re one of the most influential woman in the world? On Wednesday morning Beyoncé employed her usual public relations strategy — subtly settling rumors on social media — when she uploaded four happy photos of her and younger sister Solange, who was recently seen allegedly punching and kicking Jay Z in leaked security footage from a hotel’s Met Gala after-party. All is well with the Knowles sisters, the photos seem to say — nothing to see here. Move along.
Except, of course, Beyoncé clearly does want you to see the photos and analyze their deeper meanings. The singer notoriously exercises tight control over her usually spotless (***flawless?) public image (hello, Beyoncé archive!), so she prefers to squash rumors without actually acknowledging that said rumors even exist in the first place. But when Beyoncé uploads not one, but four photos — after Solange did some minor Instagram purging of her own — the Beygenda couldn’t be more obvious.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at firstname.lastname@example.org