Yoo Dae-kyun, the scion of the South Korean family suspected of being the de facto owner of the sunken Sewol ferry, was placed on a most wanted list on Wednesday, as it was feared that he could flee the country, possibly by sea.
Prosecutors believe that answers to the sinking of the Sewol could lie within the family running Chonghaejin Marine, the company that operated the ferry, Yonhap News Agency reports.
The April 16 disaster left more than 300 people dead or missing,
Investigators are also looking into people who allegedly have helped Yoo — first son of millionaire businessman, ex-convict and religious figure Yoo Byeong-eun — to evade a prosecution summons until now.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com