Yoo Dae-kyun, the scion of the South Korean family suspected of being the de facto owner of the sunken Sewol ferry, was placed on a most wanted list on Wednesday, as it was feared that he could flee the country, possibly by sea.
Prosecutors believe that answers to the sinking of the Sewol could lie within the family running Chonghaejin Marine, the company that operated the ferry, Yonhap News Agency reports.
The April 16 disaster left more than 300 people dead or missing,
Investigators are also looking into people who allegedly have helped Yoo — first son of millionaire businessman, ex-convict and religious figure Yoo Byeong-eun — to evade a prosecution summons until now.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working