[See update at bottom]
Some jokesters working at a Virginia Burger King decided to pull a little prank on two customers and ending up making a grandmother cry.
The woman — who only gave her first name, Lorel, to protect her identity — said she and her daughter-in-law purchased dinner at the fast food joint and then realized their receipt labeled them “bitch ass hoes,” WTVR reports. Lorel was so offended she had to fight back tears.
“This is more than an insult. I mean calling you names on a piece of a paper, that will hurt somebody,” Lorel told WTVR. “I liked going there. But after this they won’t get my business anymore.”
The Richmond resident noticed the profanity after picking up her order from the drive-through window and immediately asked to speak with the manager, who apologized. In the meantime, Burger King offered the following statement to WTVR:
No word yet on whether or not the culprits will be fired, but we’re pretty sure making a nice old grandma cry is the most fireable offense of all time.
Update: Burger King has fired the employee involved in this incident, and has offered the following statement:
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future