[See update at bottom]
Some jokesters working at a Virginia Burger King decided to pull a little prank on two customers and ending up making a grandmother cry.
The woman — who only gave her first name, Lorel, to protect her identity — said she and her daughter-in-law purchased dinner at the fast food joint and then realized their receipt labeled them “bitch ass hoes,” WTVR reports. Lorel was so offended she had to fight back tears.
“This is more than an insult. I mean calling you names on a piece of a paper, that will hurt somebody,” Lorel told WTVR. “I liked going there. But after this they won’t get my business anymore.”
The Richmond resident noticed the profanity after picking up her order from the drive-through window and immediately asked to speak with the manager, who apologized. In the meantime, Burger King offered the following statement to WTVR:
No word yet on whether or not the culprits will be fired, but we’re pretty sure making a nice old grandma cry is the most fireable offense of all time.
Update: Burger King has fired the employee involved in this incident, and has offered the following statement:
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up