The ladies of Icona Pop, the Swedish duo behind the inescapable EDM smash “I Love It,” are basically dance music’s version of Pinky and the Brain. “What do you want to do tonight?” Caroline Hjelt asks on the first warm night of spring. “The same thing we do every night,” Aino Jawo answers back. “Try and take over the world with another party anthem.” Yes, after first unleashing “I Love It” in 2012 and following up with the one-two punch of “Girlfriend” and “All Night” last summer, the two have teamed up with veteran DJ-producer Tiësto for another soundtrack to beach excursions and backyard barbecues.
“Let’s Go” is nothing listeners haven’t heard before: the message is familiar — push the limit, take it to the max, YOLO, die young, etc. — and you can hear the obligatory bass drop coming from a mile away. Tiësto’s production doesn’t grind quite as hard as the singers’ past hits, and the added acoustic guitars feel like a blatant effort to capitalize on the success of Avicii’s “Wake Me Up,” but all of that is forgivable: the track’s highs are euphoric enough to get the job done.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at email@example.com