The partner of President François Hollande told a radio station Thursday that the French head of state had not visited her in the hospital, but that he was not neglecting her in her time of need.
The Guardian reports that Valérie Trierweiler said the French President sent her chocolates and flowers, after doctors banned him from visiting her.
Trierweiler, 48, was sent to the hospital last week after French media began reporting that Hollande was having an affair with actress Julie Gayet. Trierweiler is reportedly suffering from extreme exhaustion and low blood pressure.
The practice of restricting hospital visits is “widespread practice in cases of psychological distress,” local radio station RTL said.
Local media are speculating that Trierweiler intends to stay with Hollande, though Hollande did not comment on the status of their relationship in a press conference Tuesday.
While Trierweiler may ultimately forgive the French president, some in France appear fed up with his stinky behavior. On Thursday, a truck dumped a load of manure outside the French parliament building in an apparent protest.
MORE: Who is Julie Gayet?
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com