The partner of President François Hollande told a radio station Thursday that the French head of state had not visited her in the hospital, but that he was not neglecting her in her time of need.
The Guardian reports that Valérie Trierweiler said the French President sent her chocolates and flowers, after doctors banned him from visiting her.
Trierweiler, 48, was sent to the hospital last week after French media began reporting that Hollande was having an affair with actress Julie Gayet. Trierweiler is reportedly suffering from extreme exhaustion and low blood pressure.
The practice of restricting hospital visits is “widespread practice in cases of psychological distress,” local radio station RTL said.
Local media are speculating that Trierweiler intends to stay with Hollande, though Hollande did not comment on the status of their relationship in a press conference Tuesday.
While Trierweiler may ultimately forgive the French president, some in France appear fed up with his stinky behavior. On Thursday, a truck dumped a load of manure outside the French parliament building in an apparent protest.
MORE: Who is Julie Gayet?
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction