What do you do with your free time after you’ve spent your life savings on plastic surgery to look like a famous celebrity? You form a supergroup with other über-fans who have spent thousands of dollars to look like other famous celebrities, of course.
Toby Sheldon, the Justin Bieber fan who underwent $100,000 worth of plastic surgery to look like his idol has teamed up with Kitty Jay, the woman who spent $25,000 on surgery to look like Jennifer Lawrence, and Venus D’Lite, the RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant who dropped some serious cash to morph into Madonna, to form an aptly-named group, the Plastics.
Their first release is a celebration of celebrity lookalikes that opens with a question: “Are you one of those boring people who don’t want to be beautiful?” The video features the trio extolling the virtues of their lifestyle choices and could easily double as a late-night cable ad for plastic surgeons everywhere.
[Via Daily Dot]
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow