When Thomas Middleditch is asked whether he’s always been a nerd, he immediately jokes, “Oh, does it show?”
Middleditch, who plays tech entrepreneur Richard Hendricks in HBO’s Silicon Valley, is no stranger to the industry — Rolling Stone recently wrote that it would have been difficult for director Mike Judge “to find a lead actor with stiffer geek bona fides than Middleditch.”
However, when he’s approached by fans with tech-specific questions, the Canadian actor and comedian’s response is more like, “‘I’m not a real doctor, I just play one on TV,'” he told Splitsider.
Above, watch interviews with Middleditch, Judge, actor T.J. Miller and producer Alec Berg on how they prepped for the show.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization