Barbara Walters will retire from The View and from TV journalism in general this week. But first, she stopped by Saturday Night Live‘s Weekend Update desk to have a little retrospective fun.
First, we’re treated to a montage of the show’s many incarnations of Barbara Walters, performed by Gilda Radner, Rachel Dratch, Nasim Pedrad and Cheri Oteri. Then the legend herself appears, declaring it an honor “to see my groundbreaking career in journalism reduced to a cartoon character with a ridiculous voice.”
Walters then takes a few moments to offer four tips to future journalists, including “Develop a signature voice that no one will forget” and “Do not be afraid to ask the tough questions, like, ‘if you were a tree, what kind of a tree would you be?’ or, ‘your place or mine, Brokaw?'”
Thanks for that, Barbara.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time