Barbara Walters will retire from The View and from TV journalism in general this week. But first, she stopped by Saturday Night Live‘s Weekend Update desk to have a little retrospective fun.
First, we’re treated to a montage of the show’s many incarnations of Barbara Walters, performed by Gilda Radner, Rachel Dratch, Nasim Pedrad and Cheri Oteri. Then the legend herself appears, declaring it an honor “to see my groundbreaking career in journalism reduced to a cartoon character with a ridiculous voice.”
Walters then takes a few moments to offer four tips to future journalists, including “Develop a signature voice that no one will forget” and “Do not be afraid to ask the tough questions, like, ‘if you were a tree, what kind of a tree would you be?’ or, ‘your place or mine, Brokaw?'”
Thanks for that, Barbara.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve