Barbara Walters will retire from The View and from TV journalism in general this week. But first, she stopped by Saturday Night Live‘s Weekend Update desk to have a little retrospective fun.
First, we’re treated to a montage of the show’s many incarnations of Barbara Walters, performed by Gilda Radner, Rachel Dratch, Nasim Pedrad and Cheri Oteri. Then the legend herself appears, declaring it an honor “to see my groundbreaking career in journalism reduced to a cartoon character with a ridiculous voice.”
Walters then takes a few moments to offer four tips to future journalists, including “Develop a signature voice that no one will forget” and “Do not be afraid to ask the tough questions, like, ‘if you were a tree, what kind of a tree would you be?’ or, ‘your place or mine, Brokaw?'”
Thanks for that, Barbara.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears