After testing it in select locations for about a year, Taco Bell’s Waffle Taco will appear on the chain’s national breakfast menu, beginning March 27, the Associated Press reports.
During its test run, the “sandwich” — a waffle wrapped around a sausage patty or bacon with eggs and cheese and syrup on the side — had been selling for 89 cents and reportedly had about 460 calories and 30g of fat.
Reviews have been mixed. A Los Angeles Times taste test called it “rubbery” and “mushy.”
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future