After testing it in select locations for about a year, Taco Bell’s Waffle Taco will appear on the chain’s national breakfast menu, beginning March 27, the Associated Press reports.
During its test run, the “sandwich” — a waffle wrapped around a sausage patty or bacon with eggs and cheese and syrup on the side — had been selling for 89 cents and reportedly had about 460 calories and 30g of fat.
Reviews have been mixed. A Los Angeles Times taste test called it “rubbery” and “mushy.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving