After testing it in select locations for about a year, Taco Bell’s Waffle Taco will appear on the chain’s national breakfast menu, beginning March 27, the Associated Press reports.
During its test run, the “sandwich” — a waffle wrapped around a sausage patty or bacon with eggs and cheese and syrup on the side — had been selling for 89 cents and reportedly had about 460 calories and 30g of fat.
Reviews have been mixed. A Los Angeles Times taste test called it “rubbery” and “mushy.”
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up