On Friday, Russian warships and military aircraft took part in a show of the Federation’s military might in Sevastopol, Crimea, home to a key Russian naval base. Footage was recorded and broadcast live from the cabin of one of the fighter jets flying in close formation, according to RT.
Russian President Vladimir Putin was in Crimea to take part in Victory Day celebrations, in his first visit to the disputed territory since Russia annexed it from Ukraine.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement