You either love them, or hate them, can’t get enough or can’t get off fast enough — These thrill rides are made to push the limits and break some records. This summer, five new rides are being unveiled that are taller, faster and downright scarier than anything previously imagined.
Out of all these rides, Six Flags seems to be the corporation with a record-breaking agenda, holding three of these five spots with Zumanjaro in New Jersey (Highest Drop Ride), Sky Screamer in Massachusetts (Tallest Swing Ride) and Goliath in Illinois (Tallest Wooden Roller Coaster). In Kansas, Schlitterbahn has created a water-slide called Verrückt that’s taller than Niagara Falls, and in Ohio, King’s Island has created Banshee, the longest inverted roller coaster.
Now, for all of you thrill-seekers out there, onward!
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time