When TIME premiered the first look at Sia’s “Chandelier” video, it seemed obvious that the final product would involves some dance routines given the leotard Dance Moms‘ Maddie Zeigler was wearing. But there wasn’t any indication the 11-year-old — an 11-year-old! — would bust moves quite like this: flips, kicks, frantic jumps, some krumping and a mimed suffocation? It’s no easy task making audiences forget all about the very song they’re listening to.
Clearly, it’s working — in under 2 days, the song has already notched 2 million views.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time