When TIME premiered the first look at Sia’s “Chandelier” video, it seemed obvious that the final product would involves some dance routines given the leotard Dance Moms‘ Maddie Zeigler was wearing. But there wasn’t any indication the 11-year-old — an 11-year-old! — would bust moves quite like this: flips, kicks, frantic jumps, some krumping and a mimed suffocation? It’s no easy task making audiences forget all about the very song they’re listening to.
Clearly, it’s working — in under 2 days, the song has already notched 2 million views.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement