A study out of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles says common erectile dysfunction drug Cialis helped boost blood flow to oxygen-starved muscles in boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
The condition affects around 1 in 3,600 boys and tests have shown that the drug helps fight DMD and is more effective than rival Viagra. Currently there is another drug awaiting FDA approval that, according to some reports, could cure DMD, but for now, researchers are hoping to expand their research group and their Cialis testing.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time