It’s not clear when exactly Nintendo plans to unleash this little speed-related Wii U boon — Joystiq says it’s heard this summer — but the video above indicates the benefits could be considerable: a system update that delivers a quick start menu that appears the moment you tap the Wii U GamePad’s power button.
Better still, the applications you can launch now load notably faster. Joystiq notes the original simulated demonstration showed New Super Mario Bros. U loading in about 19 seconds, whereas in the the demo above, it takes just 14 seconds.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart