It’s not clear when exactly Nintendo plans to unleash this little speed-related Wii U boon — Joystiq says it’s heard this summer — but the video above indicates the benefits could be considerable: a system update that delivers a quick start menu that appears the moment you tap the Wii U GamePad’s power button.
Better still, the applications you can launch now load notably faster. Joystiq notes the original simulated demonstration showed New Super Mario Bros. U loading in about 19 seconds, whereas in the the demo above, it takes just 14 seconds.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk