Rob Ford thinks “rehab is amazing.” It reminds him of football camp.
The Toronto mayor, who has admitted to smoking crack and heavy drinking, is taking a leave of absence to rehabilitate after one-too-many public scenes. The treatment center reminds Ford of camp, “kind of like the Washington Redskins camp I went to as a kid,” he said in an interview with the Toronto Sun.
Ford spoke about the effect substance abuse has had on him. “I think alcohol is the worst drug of all. It makes you do things that you would never do or say things that you wouldn’t,” he said.
Ford is also apparently still intent on running for a second term as mayor this year. “Of course, I am coming back and I am going to kick butt,” he said.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy