Five-year-old Addy, who was diagnosed with stage IV kidney cancer last year, got to fulfill her dream of becoming a pop star with her own Katy Perry-inspired music video. Now in remission, Addy would spend time during her hospital visits practicing her singing and dancing, according to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, who helped put the video together.
Addy chose to sing Katy Perry’s hit “Roar” because KP is her favorite artist and because the lyrics inspired her throughout her battle with cancer.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time