Cut Copy’s music is reliably immersive — their 2013 album, Free Your Mind is filled with billowing melodies that build a synth-pop world for listeners to live in — and their new music video brings that concept to life.
The Australian dance-rock crew teamed up with creative lab Party to make a memorable music video for their new swirling-synth single “We Are Explorers.” For the clip, co-directors Aramique Krauthamer and Masa Kawamura crafted tiny characters on a 3D printer and set them loose in an urban setting.
To engage fans, the group is giving tech-savvy users the opportunity to take their video concept and build on it: the team is distributing a bundle via BitTorrent that contains the music, the video, and all the 3D printing files to encourage fans to create their own tiny avatars and share their stories online.
So crank up the track and start your printing, cutting and copying to a Cut Copy beat.
MORE: Top 10 Music Videos
MORE: Katy Perry Is Cleopatra (With a Grill) in “Dark Horse” Music Video: Watch
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space