Cut Copy’s music is reliably immersive — their 2013 album, Free Your Mind is filled with billowing melodies that build a synth-pop world for listeners to live in — and their new music video brings that concept to life.
The Australian dance-rock crew teamed up with creative lab Party to make a memorable music video for their new swirling-synth single “We Are Explorers.” For the clip, co-directors Aramique Krauthamer and Masa Kawamura crafted tiny characters on a 3D printer and set them loose in an urban setting.
To engage fans, the group is giving tech-savvy users the opportunity to take their video concept and build on it: the team is distributing a bundle via BitTorrent that contains the music, the video, and all the 3D printing files to encourage fans to create their own tiny avatars and share their stories online.
So crank up the track and start your printing, cutting and copying to a Cut Copy beat.
MORE: Top 10 Music Videos
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was