President Barack Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said Thursday that they’ve bet each other a case of beer for each game as the U.S. and Canada face off in the Olympic Women’s Hockey finals this week.
Neither of the presidents, who announced their wager on Twitter, indicated just what kind of beer was on the line, though Harper did specify Canadian beer. So if the U.S. women emerge victorious, be on the lookout for Labatt Blue empties littering the White House lawn.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science