American Idol victor Scotty McCreery was robbed at gunpoint by intruders at a home in North Carolina early Monday morning.
The 20-year-old country-music star was one of several people held up by three gunmen who raided an apartment in Raleigh, near the campus of North Carolina State University, shortly before 2 a.m., seizing wallets, cash and electronic goods, Reuters reports.
McCreery, of nearby Garner, is believed to be a student at the school, and won the 10th season of the hit Fox series in May 2011. His debut album, Clear as Day, opened at the top of the charts in October that same year.
No arrests have so far been made in connection with the robbery.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out