Cult favorite The Comeback is returning to HBO this fall, the network announced Monday.
— HBO (@HBO) May 5, 2014
The series, which stars Kudrow as former TV sitcom star Valerie Cherish, originally aired in 2005, but will return to HBO to make a six-episode run in 2014. According to CBS News, production will be underway in Los Angeles later in May. Kudrow and Sex and The City creator Michael Patrick King will serve as the show’s executive producer, along with Scandal star Dan Bucatinsky.
Kudrow said in a statement about The Comeback, “It was almost too fun play Valerie Cherish the first time around,” Kudrow said. “I look forward to revisiting this resilient and ironically self-unaware character.”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve