Look Up, a short film about how social media is making people less social by London writer Gary Turk, has been taking the Internet by storm since it was uploaded to YouTube on April 25, racking up more than 13.6 million views.
However, there is something ironic about watching a video about the pitfalls of social networks on a social network, not to mention the fact that a social network is responsible for making this video as popular as it is. If everyone just logged off at the same time, that would probably be more effective.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate