Look Up, a short film about how social media is making people less social by London writer Gary Turk, has been taking the Internet by storm since it was uploaded to YouTube on April 25, racking up more than 13.6 million views.
However, there is something ironic about watching a video about the pitfalls of social networks on a social network, not to mention the fact that a social network is responsible for making this video as popular as it is. If everyone just logged off at the same time, that would probably be more effective.
WATCH: Viral Video Urges Us To Take a Hard Look at Our Phone Addictions
MORE: This Is Your Brain on Facebook
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction