Look Up, a short film about how social media is making people less social by London writer Gary Turk, has been taking the Internet by storm since it was uploaded to YouTube on April 25, racking up more than 13.6 million views.
However, there is something ironic about watching a video about the pitfalls of social networks on a social network, not to mention the fact that a social network is responsible for making this video as popular as it is. If everyone just logged off at the same time, that would probably be more effective.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023