Last night, on his second evening as the new host of the Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon presented another throwback: this time, to the early ’00s.
Fallon, along with his barbershop quartet The Ragtime Gals, presented a smooth (although somewhat less sultry than the original) rendition of R. Kelly’s iconic 2003 single “Ignition (Remix).” The most memorable parts include the sophisticated “Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce” from Fallon’s solo, as well as the harmonized “toot-toots” and “beep-beeps.”
A new spin on a familiar tune, with some old-time flavor? Yes, please.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction