Vice President Joe Biden teamed with Julia Louis-Dreyfus (in character as Vice President Selina Meyer from HBO’s Veep) for what was essentially a typical buddy comedy, just with a lot less weed and a lot more political cameos.
This pre-recorded video, which kicked off Saturday’s annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner, begins with the real-life veep calling up his fictional counterpart while sporting his signature aviators. Soon, he picks her up in an over-the-top yellow sports car and they set off on a night of debauchery that includes sneaking into the White House, binging on ice cream (guess which health-conscious White House resident busts them), getting matching tattoos and changing Washington Post headlines.
Bonus: Louis-Dreyfus manages to throw in a pretty excellent House of Cards diss. Additional bonus: we get cameos from Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi and John Boehner (or, as Louis-Dreyfus calls him, J-Dawg.)
Now, if only someone would turn this seven-minute clip into a feature-length film. Seriously, we would totally watch that.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief