New York City’s naked cowboy is suiting up with Fruit of the Loom boxer briefs.
The Times Square icon, equipped with a guitar, is typically clad in nothing but traditional white underwear, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat.
But on Tuesday, Robert Burck will help Fruit of the Loom launch its new boxer briefs by replacing his typical attire with the company’s new underwear, the Associated Press reports.
“His primary wardrobe is so important to his daily job, we thought why not showcase him in our new boxer briefs,” Melissa Burgess-Taylor, senior vice president for marketing and merchandising for Fruit of the Loom, told the AP.
She didn’t say what they’re paying Burck to wear the underwear, which have tapered legs to prevent them from riding up.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State