In the 1970’s millions of American viewers got to know Ralph White as the patriarch in the popular television series The Waltons, and in recent years younger viewers got to know him through the CBS hit NCIS.
On Thursday he passed away, at age 85, in his home in Palm Desert in California.
According to a friend who arrived at the house for a lunch date but was met by ambulances and Waite’s wife, the reason of his death was a “tired heart”.
Former and current colleagues have been reacting to the announcement of Ralph Waite’s passing with sadness, People reports. He leaves his wife, two daughters and a stepson.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up