In the 1970’s millions of American viewers got to know Ralph White as the patriarch in the popular television series The Waltons, and in recent years younger viewers got to know him through the CBS hit NCIS.
On Thursday he passed away, at age 85, in his home in Palm Desert in California.
According to a friend who arrived at the house for a lunch date but was met by ambulances and Waite’s wife, the reason of his death was a “tired heart”.
Former and current colleagues have been reacting to the announcement of Ralph Waite’s passing with sadness, People reports. He leaves his wife, two daughters and a stepson.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart