In the 1970’s millions of American viewers got to know Ralph White as the patriarch in the popular television series The Waltons, and in recent years younger viewers got to know him through the CBS hit NCIS.
On Thursday he passed away, at age 85, in his home in Palm Desert in California.
According to a friend who arrived at the house for a lunch date but was met by ambulances and Waite’s wife, the reason of his death was a “tired heart”.
Former and current colleagues have been reacting to the announcement of Ralph Waite’s passing with sadness, People reports. He leaves his wife, two daughters and a stepson.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World