Ever since Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel announced in November 2012 that they would be reprising their roles as Cory Matthews and Topanga Lawrence in a Boy Meets World spin-off, fans of the original series have been salivating (or, in a few cases, recoiling) at the thought of seeing their childhood favorites back on the small screen. Now we know when Girl Meets World will finally arrive.
The Disney Channel announced this morning that the series, which will chronicle the adventures of Cory and Topanga’s daughter, Riley, will premiere on June 27th at 9:45 p.m. Though not a great deal is known about the spin-off right now other than a few of the major roles and that it will be set in New York City (up to this point, only one teaser had been released), Savage, Fishel and creator Michael Jacobs have been dropping hints all over the place about guest-starring roles and cameos from cast members of the original series. Whether the new show can hold a candle to its predecessor remains to be seen, but we now know when we’ll find out.
Disney also announced that Zapped, an original made-for-TV movie based on Leslie Margolis’ novel Boys are Dogs, will premiere the same night as the lead-in to Girl Meets World.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma