Ever since Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel announced in November 2012 that they would be reprising their roles as Cory Matthews and Topanga Lawrence in a Boy Meets World spin-off, fans of the original series have been salivating (or, in a few cases, recoiling) at the thought of seeing their childhood favorites back on the small screen. Now we know when Girl Meets World will finally arrive.
The Disney Channel announced this morning that the series, which will chronicle the adventures of Cory and Topanga’s daughter, Riley, will premiere on June 27th at 9:45 p.m. Though not a great deal is known about the spin-off right now other than a few of the major roles and that it will be set in New York City (up to this point, only one teaser had been released), Savage, Fishel and creator Michael Jacobs have been dropping hints all over the place about guest-starring roles and cameos from cast members of the original series. Whether the new show can hold a candle to its predecessor remains to be seen, but we now know when we’ll find out.
Disney also announced that Zapped, an original made-for-TV movie based on Leslie Margolis’ novel Boys are Dogs, will premiere the same night as the lead-in to Girl Meets World.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com