The new trailer for the upcoming Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare was released on Thursday and it features a very familiar face. Kevin Spacey lends his voice and face to the video game as the head of a private military corporation who goes rogue and declares war on the American government.
Spacey has appeared in video games before—notably in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2 game Superman Returns—yet his latest appearance is also an obvious nod to his House of Cards character, Frank Underwood, the maniacal and unscrupulous politician who is frequently shown playing Call of Duty-like video games to relax. (Notably missing: that Southern twang of Underwood’s.)
Also appearing Thursday was a brief Instagram video, also featuring Spacey in diabolical character:
The trailer wasn’t intended for release until Sunday, but after an online leak, Activision, the publisher of Call of Duty, posted the trailer to YouTube early. The game is slated for release on November 4.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org