Now that Twitter is bigger than ever, the unique voices that make the social network so addictive are increasingly important. Choosing TIME’s annual list of the 140 most influential Twitter feeds is never easy, with tens of thousands of contenders, but it’s especially difficult as a greater volume of people, organizations and even bots find innovative ways to stand out.
This list contains a wide range of personalities, all chosen by TIME editors from diverse subjects like politics, sports, culture and technology. It’s by no means comprehensive, and as always, honorees from previous years have been excluded. Scroll through the list of 140 feeds and start following right away. Think we missed something? Let us know by tweeting your opinion using the hashtag #Twitter140.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears