Now that Twitter is bigger than ever, the unique voices that make the social network so addictive are increasingly important. Choosing TIME’s annual list of the 140 most influential Twitter feeds is never easy, with tens of thousands of contenders, but it’s especially difficult as a greater volume of people, organizations and even bots find innovative ways to stand out.
This list contains a wide range of personalities, all chosen by TIME editors from diverse subjects like politics, sports, culture and technology. It’s by no means comprehensive, and as always, honorees from previous years have been excluded. Scroll through the list of 140 feeds and start following right away. Think we missed something? Let us know by tweeting your opinion using the hashtag #Twitter140.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve