Organizing for Action’s Barack Obama Facebook page posted a photo late Wednesday of President Barack Obama looking at Justin Timberlake’s phone with the caption “It’s gonna be May,” a riff on a popular online meme. The post has racked up more than 400,000 shares.
Organizing for Action’s @BarackObama Twitter account tweeted the same photo last year on May 29, along with a reference to the Grammy Award-winning singer’s 2013 single “Suit & Tie”.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) May 29, 2013
The pop star performed at the White House a month before as part of the concert “In Performance At The White House: Memphis Soul.”
“It’s gonna be May” is a popular misheard lyric from *NSYNC’s 2000 hit “It’s Gonna Be Me.” While it may seem like the page is out of touch if the lyric is wrong, the line has actually become a very popular meme that Internet users share in the walk-up to May.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow