Organizing for Action’s Barack Obama Facebook page posted a photo late Wednesday of President Barack Obama looking at Justin Timberlake’s phone with the caption “It’s gonna be May,” a riff on a popular online meme. The post has racked up more than 400,000 shares.
Organizing for Action’s @BarackObama Twitter account tweeted the same photo last year on May 29, along with a reference to the Grammy Award-winning singer’s 2013 single “Suit & Tie”.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) May 29, 2013
The pop star performed at the White House a month before as part of the concert “In Performance At The White House: Memphis Soul.”
“It’s gonna be May” is a popular misheard lyric from *NSYNC’s 2000 hit “It’s Gonna Be Me.” While it may seem like the page is out of touch if the lyric is wrong, the line has actually become a very popular meme that Internet users share in the walk-up to May.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time