Hold onto your shell: there’s a new trailer for this summer’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Based on this preview, the Michael-Bay-produced update on the reptilian franchise (in theaters Aug. 8) will be a change for fans of the quartet. It appears to take a slightly more serious-action-movie tone than previous Ninja Turtle incarnations have — complete with serious-action-movie dramatic music and machine guns and screaming. No sign yet of “cowabunga,” pizza binges or a yellow jumpsuit. The ooze also appears — at around 0:49 — to be of a more liquid consistency than your regular ooziness.
On the other hand, at least April O’Neil (played by Megan Fox) gets a yellow jacket, and Michelangelo appears to remain something of a party dude.
TMNT also stars Will Arnett, Whoopi Goldberg, Johnny Knoxville and Tony Shalhoub.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate