Hold onto your shell: there’s a new trailer for this summer’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Based on this preview, the Michael-Bay-produced update on the reptilian franchise (in theaters Aug. 8) will be a change for fans of the quartet. It appears to take a slightly more serious-action-movie tone than previous Ninja Turtle incarnations have — complete with serious-action-movie dramatic music and machine guns and screaming. No sign yet of “cowabunga,” pizza binges or a yellow jumpsuit. The ooze also appears — at around 0:49 — to be of a more liquid consistency than your regular ooziness.
On the other hand, at least April O’Neil (played by Megan Fox) gets a yellow jacket, and Michelangelo appears to remain something of a party dude.
TMNT also stars Will Arnett, Whoopi Goldberg, Johnny Knoxville and Tony Shalhoub.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Lily Rothman at email@example.com