Now that NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has dropped the hammer on Clippers owner Don Sterling for his racist comments, what happens next? Silver fined Sterling $2.5 million, banned Sterling for life and is putting pressure on him to sell the franchise, but Sterling might not go quietly. The league could force a sale if enough owners vote to do so, but Sterling could put up a fight and a heated legal battle could ensue.
In the The Los Angeles Times, Notre Dame sports economics professor Richard Sheehan said “If he truly doesn’t want to sell, I’m going to guess he could tie this up for the rest of his life. It would be an absolute disaster.”
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time