Jimmy Fallon’s debut as the new host of The Tonight Show brought in some familiar faces — including Robert DeNiro, Kim Kardashian, Lady Gaga, Steven Colbert, Lindsay Lohan, and special guest Will Smith. No big deal.
But one of the most memorable moments was part of a nod to the ’90s in which Fallon and Smith donned silver chains, patterned tees, and overalls while performing the “Evolution of Hip-Hop Dancing,” which included 24 signature hip-hop moves densely packed into 3minutes. From the Robot to “the Leg Thing No One Can Do” (iconic!), things went a long smoothly — until Smith got a little too into “Spank That” and had to be reminded to follow the cues.
So what ultimately brought the dance routine to an end? Jimmy Fallon’s twerking, of course — which you’ll have to see for yourself.
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction