Watch the 30-second video above, or follow these steps:
Hiding a single post
1. Create a status update, and hit the pull-down menu to the left of the Post button.
2. Choose custom.
3. Under the “Don’t share this with” heading, type in the names of any people you don’t want to see the post.
Hide all future posts from a person or people
1. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner, and choose Settings.
2. Choose Privacy from the left-hand menu.
3. Under the “Who can see my stuff?” heading, choose Edit.
4. Hit the pull-down menu to the left of the Post button.
5. Choose custom.
6. Under the “Don’t share this with” heading, type in the names of any people you don’t want to see any of your posts from now on.
More 30-Second Tech Tricks:
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Delete Your Facebook Account
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Extend Your iPhone Battery
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Unsend Email with Gmail
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Charge Your Phone Faster
- All 30-Second Tech Tricks
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time