Watch the 30-second video above, or follow these steps:
Hiding a single post
1. Create a status update, and hit the pull-down menu to the left of the Post button.
2. Choose custom.
3. Under the “Don’t share this with” heading, type in the names of any people you don’t want to see the post.
Hide all future posts from a person or people
1. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner, and choose Settings.
2. Choose Privacy from the left-hand menu.
3. Under the “Who can see my stuff?” heading, choose Edit.
4. Hit the pull-down menu to the left of the Post button.
5. Choose custom.
6. Under the “Don’t share this with” heading, type in the names of any people you don’t want to see any of your posts from now on.
More 30-Second Tech Tricks:
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Delete Your Facebook Account
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Extend Your iPhone Battery
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Unsend Email with Gmail
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Charge Your Phone Faster
- All 30-Second Tech Tricks
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive