Amazon has unveiled a list of the top 20 U.S. cities where residents pamper their pets the most. The ranking is “based on 2013 sales of pet-related items: everything from dog toys to cat grooming items to bird treats,” according to an Amazon news release.
4. San Francisco
5. Portland, Ore.
6. Washington, D.C.
7. Las Vegas
8. Austin, Texas
9. Tucson, Ariz.
10. San Diego
11. Sacramento, Calif.
12. Raleigh, N.C.
14. Colorado Springs, Colo.
16. San Jose, Calif.
17. Albuquerque, N.M.
19. Omaha, Neb.
20. Virginia Beach, Va.
Miami residents bought the most apparel and accessories, grooming products and health supplies, while Seattle residents bought the most pet treats. San Jose, California, boasted the most sales of horse-related products.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body