Amazon has unveiled a list of the top 20 U.S. cities where residents pamper their pets the most. The ranking is “based on 2013 sales of pet-related items: everything from dog toys to cat grooming items to bird treats,” according to an Amazon news release.
4. San Francisco
5. Portland, Ore.
6. Washington, D.C.
7. Las Vegas
8. Austin, Texas
9. Tucson, Ariz.
10. San Diego
11. Sacramento, Calif.
12. Raleigh, N.C.
14. Colorado Springs, Colo.
16. San Jose, Calif.
17. Albuquerque, N.M.
19. Omaha, Neb.
20. Virginia Beach, Va.
Miami residents bought the most apparel and accessories, grooming products and health supplies, while Seattle residents bought the most pet treats. San Jose, California, boasted the most sales of horse-related products.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future