Comedian Sarah Silverman is joining the Season 2 cast of Showtime’s drama Masters of Sex. The cable network released a statement Monday announcing the addition of Silverman, whose previous TV credits include the Emmy-nominated series The Sarah Silverman Program and Monk.
The acclaimed series is based on the true story of St. Louis-based duo William Masters and Virginia Johnson, whose pioneering research shed new light on the human sexual experience. On the show, Silverman will play in the recurring role of Helen, a palm reader and the former lesbian lover of Annaleigh Ashford’s character Betty, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Breaking Bad star Betsy Brandt and Akeelah and the Bee star KeKe Palmer are also joining the Golden Globe nominated cast that includes Michael Sheen as William Masters and Lizzy Caplan as Virginia Johnson. Season 2 of Masters of Sex premiers on Showtime July 13.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org