Longtime Hollywood bachelor George Clooney is engaged to attorney Amal Alamuddin, according her law firm.
Doughty Street Chambers, a leading human-rights firm, said the 36-year-old U.K. barrister Amal Alamuddin will marry the two-time “Sexiest Man Alive,” the Associated Press reports.
“She brings a bright light to everything she is involved in and I am so delighted at her happy news,” Doughty Street chief executive Robin Jackson said Monday.
A spokesperson for Clooney declined to comment to the AP.
Alamuddin, who was born in Beirut and educated at Oxford University, has previously represented WikiLeaks creator Julian Assange and advised former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan about Syria.
Clooney, 52, was previously married to actress Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at email@example.com