Take a look back at fifth and sixth generations of video game consoles in part two of our three-part video series (click here for part one; click here for part three). Hosted by yours truly, this installment features insight from TIME senior editor Matt Vella, Kotaku’s Stephen Totilo, IGN’s Greg Miller, Sony’s Scott Rohde, and Video Games New York’s Giulio Graziani.
Check back for part three, which launches Thursday, January 2.
- The History of Video Game Consoles: Part One
- The History of Video Game Consoles: Part Three
- Behind the Scenes: Xbox One Launch Event
- Behind the Scenes: The Launch of PlayStation 4
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow