A new standard has been set for funeral swagger. Socialite Mickey Easterling passed away at 83 last week, but that didn’t stop her from attending her wake as she would have attended any other party on her roster: with a glass of champagne in one hand and a cigarette in the other.
According to New Orleans ABC affiliate WGNO, Easterling had a strict set of rules for her funeral arrangements, including stipulations that her body be propped up on an iron bench. Easterling looked over the proceedings while wearing a bright pink boa and rhinestone pin that read “Bitch.”
Tom Sawyer, you are no longer impressive.
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll