HBO has been teasing its upcoming drama The Leftovers for a while now, but Sunday night the first full-length trailer for the postapocalyptic show premiered in all its creepy, ominous glory.
Starring Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman and Liv Tyler, The Leftovers is based on the 2011 book by Tom Perrotta, who worked with Lost‘s Damon Lindelof to create the HBO version. The series takes place a few years after the sudden and mysterious disappearance of 2% of the world’s population in a Rapture-like event and follows how those left behind—the titular “leftovers”—deal with the loss (hint: join lots of cults, apparently).
Though it’s vague, the trailer offers just enough creeping dread to promise one hell of a gripping series and get us excited for its June 29 premiere.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022