Warning: after watching this, you’ll probably never want to eat pudding again.
Competitive eater Molly Schuyler set a new Guinness World Record by eating 12 pounds — 12! pounds! — of pudding in three minutes. The previous record was just 2 pounds, 15 ounces, so she blew this clean out of the water. Er, out of the pudding?
The hosts behind her are full of quips and observations (“I don’t think she’s swallowing, I think it’s just, like, this natural gravitational pull”) but Schuyler doesn’t let it break her focus. She just doesn’t stop eating, except at one point to let out a loud belch.
When the three minutes are up, the Guinness rep informs Schuyler that she has officially broken the world record and then he hands her a certificate. Was this really worth it, we imagine her thinking, all for some crappy little piece of paper?
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement